Thursday, May 12, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This year we spent the first half of Spring Break at home. I tried to talk my kids into going shopping and hanging out in Provo, but they voted for Arby's, the library, and playing in the backyard. So that's what we did. Charles came home early on Wednesday and we headed for St. George. On Thursday, Charles and I got up early and went to the temple. Then, while Doug and Joe worked, we had a pool party. Anne and her two kids came down from Beaver, and Camille came with her mom and her three kids. We swam, ate lunchables and visited. Here is the only picture I got will all of the kids. We had a 6 and 7 year old, two 4 year olds, four 2 year olds, and baby Thomas. Crazy!! 

Allee

Caroline

Thomas

At nap time we sent 3 of the little boys to bed, turned on a movie for the rest (minus Thomas, he came with us), and left Chuck to man the house while us girls went to lunch and went shopping. And he did a great job! All 8 of those kids were happy when we got back!

After all of our guests left we had dinner and got right back into the pool. That night Matt and Jenna showed up, and Jenna made me get up and run with her the next morning. We spent the entire day on Friday in the pool. Literally from nine to five. I was completely waterlogged! The boys spent the day golfing and shopping, and swam a little with us.

This is a picture I took right after Joe had dumped his mom off of her lounge chair into the pool. How rude!!

That afternoon Grandma set up an awesome Easter egg hunt for my kids. They had a blast and got a ton of candy, plus some awesome new pool toys.




Here is Jacob. I found him outside on the wall, and I have no idea how he got up there. Oh well.

Friday night we got a babysitter and we all went to dinner at the C.C. That has become one of my favorite things to do when we go down there. Then after we had the kids in bed, we went to the movies.

Saturday was more running, golf, swimming, and shopping. I still can't believe what little fish my kids have become. Caleb, at one point, ran out the door and straight into the pool without even hesitating. Scary, but I love that he likes the water.

Caleb and Jacob loved hanging onto the rim and then falling into the water

I have some great pictures of Brielle and Caleb standing on the mats, and Jacob flipping, but I can't get them to load. I'll keep working on it. Sunday we were up and out early, so that we could make it back for church. Another great St. George vacation. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!

1 comment:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

How fun is this?! Sounds like you have been running a TON! Good luck with the race!